- Children in 3rd grade and older are invited to read the 1st and 2nd
- Children in 2nd grade and older are invited to read the Prayers of the Faithful.
- Children of all ages, beginning with Kindergarten, are invited to bring up the gifts and greet the parishioners at the door.
- If your child has been identified as a participant for a Mass (Greeter, Gift bearer, Reader), confirmation of his/her participation will be forwarded to you by email.
- We welcome children in 2nd grade or older to participate in the choir. Participation is a one-year commitment from October 2015 through April 2016 (for the total of seven liturgies).
- It is essential that children attend rehearsals. There is one rehearsal for readers, gift bearers, and greeters, which is held the Wednesday immediately before the Liturgy for approximately 1 hour (less time for greeters and gift bearers). We ask, if at all possible, that parents stay with their children during rehearsal. Most choir rehearsals are held on the two consecutive Wednesday immediately preceding the Mass, unless otherwise notified. Please see the schedule below for all Mass and rehearsal dates and times.
- Children should arrive at church no later than 5:00 p.m. the evening of the Mass.
- For the Mass, the dress code for Greeters, Gift Bearers and Readers should be ‘Sunday best’. The Choir dress code will be black pants/skirt and white shirt or blouses.
Please return the sign-up sheet to the St. Rose Religious Education Office, 38 Church Hill Road, if your child wishes to participate in the Children’s Liturgy.
|Children’s Liturgy Date
Saturday, 5:30 Mass
|Choir RehearsalsWednesday, 4:00-5:00pm,Church||Reader, Gift Bearer & Greeter Rehearsal
Wednesday, 4:45-5:45pm, Church
|October 10||September 30 & October 7||October 7|
|November 7||October 28 & November 4||November 4|
|December 12* (evening of live nativity)||December 2 & 9||December 9|
|January 9||January 6||January 6|
|February 13 (for scouts)||February 3 & 10 (at school)||February 11 (note- Thurs.)|
|March 12||March 2 & 9||March 9|
|April 9||March 30 & April 6||April 6|
*Please note: Children should be involved in one ministry: either choir or reading/gift bearer.
Children’s Liturgy Coordinators:
Mary Kate Hubbard